The task of the Business Manager is to oversee the financial operations of the School. Responsibilities include managerial duties regarding accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping.
Description of Duties
- Supervise the execution of all business functions of the school.
- Responsible for the maintenance of school financial records, files and accounts to produce timely and accurate payments, payroll, billings and financial reports.
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of Smart Tuition accounts.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Administer benefits including health insurance, tuition remission and 401(k).
- Report to the Board, as necessary, as to the financial status of the school.
- Oversee communications with parent community regarding financial and business functions including contracts and tuition obligations.
- Responsible for the annual budget-making process.
- Support the annual tuition assistance allocation process.
- Responsible for unemployment, disability and Worker’s Comp paperwork and reporting.
- Responsible for the collection of past-due balances.
- Maintain Employee Handbook.
- Administer independent contractor agreements.
- Lead Finance Committee.
To be determined. Attendance is required on campus as determined in collaboration with the Administrator.
The Business Manager is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. Hourly rate to be negotiated upon offer of contract.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to our Director of Development at email@example.com and include “Business Manager Position” as the subject of the email. To learn more about our school visit our website at www.mountainlaurel.org. Thank you for considering this opportunity to become a part of our innovative community at Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.
Sixth Grade Class Teacher 2018-2019
Mountain Laurel Waldorf School, located in New Paltz, NY is seeking an experienced, Waldorf trained 6th grade class teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
A fully AWSNA accredited Nursery through Eighth Grade school, Mountain Laurel Waldorf School was founded in 1983 by a group of parents searching for an educational alternative for their children. The school is housed in a charming Victorian mansion, circa 1876, which is in walking distance from the village center of New Paltz, Historic Huguenot Street (the oldest street in America), the State University of New York (SUNY) campus, and a large community playground where our elementary school children play. Our music program includes both an afterschool chamber group and recorder ensemble. The school currently has a mandate group system of governance and a committed College of Teachers. Our staff numbers near thirty, with an active and supportive Board of Trustees. Benefits include medical coverage, tuition remission, and a continuing education stipend.
Located in the beautiful Mid-Hudson Valley, New Paltz is approximately ninety miles from New York City. It is home to many active artist and ecological groups, as well as the renowned Mohonk Mountain House skating pavilion and nature preserve. In addition, two major centers of Anthroposophical endeavor, Spring Valley with Sunbridge College and Hawthorne Valley close by.
Our ideal candidate is a certified Waldorf teacher with classroom experience. If you are interested in joining us at Mountain Laurel School, please post a letter of interest along with resume, which includes a biography and at least two references, to the attention of the Personnel Committee. You may also email your submission to Personnel. We look forward to hearing from you.
For information regarding job opportunities contact the MLWS Personnel.