The task of the Business Manager is to oversee the financial operations of the School. Responsibilities include managerial duties regarding accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping.
Description of Duties
- Supervise the execution of all business functions of the school.
- Responsible for the maintenance of school financial records, files and accounts to produce timely and accurate payments, payroll, billings and financial reports.
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of Smart Tuition accounts.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Administer benefits including health insurance, tuition remission and 401(k).
- Report to the Board, as necessary, as to the financial status of the school.
- Oversee communications with parent community regarding financial and business functions including contracts and tuition obligations.
- Responsible for the annual budget-making process.
- Support the annual tuition assistance allocation process.
- Responsible for unemployment, disability and Worker’s Comp paperwork and reporting.
- Responsible for the collection of past-due balances.
- Maintain Employee Handbook.
- Administer independent contractor agreements.
- Lead Finance Committee.
To be determined. Attendance is required on campus as determined in collaboration with the Administrator.
The Business Manager is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. Hourly rate to be negotiated upon offer of contract.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to our Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Business Manager Position” as the subject of the email. To learn more about our school visit our website at www.mountainlaurel.org. Thank you for considering this opportunity to become a part of our innovative community at Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.