May Day is almost upon us! This year, Mountain Laurel will celebrate on the official May Day, Tuesday May 1st beginning promptly at 1:15. We recommend our guests to be at Deyo Hall at 1:00 to allow time to get settled.
The Nursery and Kindergarten will again join the Grades this year and we are thrilled for the little ones to be part of the All School May Day Celebration. Mrs. Workman and Ms. Fridlich will be in touch with the kindergarten and Nursery parents with more details specific to the early childhood children.
The May Pole will be set up on the Deyo House lawn, on Historic Huguenot Street. We are invited guests of the Huguenot Historical Society and they have asked to stay away from Picnic Grove as there is a damaged tree that could pose a hazard. It is clearly marked with yellow caution tape and signs. Also, Mountain Laurel classes and guests need to remain on the Deyo House lawn area as we are one of several school groups that have scheduled events on the street that same day.
No permission slip is needed because the event is held within the vicinity of the Village covered under the Off Campus Permission Slip. No activity fee is required. Students will have their lunch at school before they process to Huguenot Street. Your class teacher will be in touch regarding May crown making etc.
We cordially invite grandparents and special friends to join us for this festive occasion, held on the oldest street in America.
A few reminders:
In the event of inclement weather, the rain date is Friday, May 4th
- Children should dress in festive Spring colors.
- Festivities will take place on the Deyo House lawn.
- Kindergarten dances start at 1:15pm promptly. Grades begin immediately following.
- Chairs will be set up in the shade for our visitors. You are welcome to bring your own blankets and lawn chairs.
- Bathrooms are located in the Deyo Hall Visitors Center near the parking lot.
- Parking is available in the lot off of Broadhead Avenue.
- Students will be back in school on time for dismissal.