The NoVo Foundation Scholarship is made possible by a generous grant from the NoVo Foundation to provide a Waldorf Education to students in New Paltz and the surrounding areas who might not otherwise be able to afford the cost of attendance at Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.
The scholarship offers a tuition-free placement for two students entering 7th grade in the 2019-2020 school year. Recipients will retain their tuition-free places through graduation from 8th grade.
NoVo Scholarship Candidates
The ideal candidate for a NoVo Scholarship would demonstrate:
- Solid academic skills
- Strong social skills
- An interest in the arts
- An openness to new ideas and experiences
Waldorf Education can achieve its fullest potential only with the involvement of the student’s family. Families of NoVo Scholarship candidates must:
- Demonstrate an interest in participating in their child’s school life
- Commit to attending Parent Evenings and Waldorf education events
- Fall within 200% of the Federal poverty guidelines (determine if you are eligible here).
Students and families wishing to apply for the NoVo Scholarship for 2019-2020 should take the following steps:
If you are already enrolled in Mountain Laurel Waldorf School:
If you are not already enrolled:
- Attend an Open House or schedule a personal tour with the Administrator
- Submit all application documents including:
Teacher Recommendation Form
Transcript Release Form
- Complete Personal Financial Statement on SSS. Click Here to begin.
- Schedule a Parent-Teacher interview through the Administrator
- Student attends a 3-day in-class visit
We are here to help you navigate this process and welcome any questions you may have.
Please call (845) 255-0033 and ask for Admissions or email email@example.com.