Thank you for considering to become a part of our innovative community at Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.
Marketing and Development Director
The Marketing and Development Director leads a multi‐faceted program that results in successful fundraising and enrollment for Mountain Laurel Waldorf. The Marketing and Development Director’s mission is to educate our community about the school and inspire the community’s financial and volunteer support. Furthermore, the Marketing and Development Director works closely with the Administrator, College and Board of Trustees to execute a successful marketing budget and plan. The Marketing and Development Director is a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees grant research and writing.
- Implements the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Responsible for the Annual Report
- Oversees fundraising events including Music in the Field and the Spring Gala and online auction.
- Works with the Business Manager and Office Manager to process gift income, provide receipts, acknowledge and recognize contributions and manage pledge reminders, all in a timely fashion.
- Provides regular reporting that supports decision-making to the Board of Trustees and Administrator.
- Devises a plan for enhancing MLWS development events that coincide with the strategic goals for funding, participation, and awareness‐building.
- Coordinates targeting and timing of fundraising efforts, integrating school‐wide and class‐based projects into one calendar to maximize potential funding sources and eliminate duplication.
- Oversees special events, both fundraisers and friend‐raisers, designed to strengthen relationships and secure funding from existing donors, prospective donors and friends of MLWS.
- Actively promotes MLWS strategic vision to the internal constituencies of the school.
- Pursues possible endowment opportunities.
- Promotes and nurtures relationships with local businesses and the greater community.
- Works closely with the Board of Trustees, Administration, and the Faculty Chair to develop a communications, outreach, and marketing plan to ensure consistent institutional messaging and develop marketing.
- Oversees marketing activities.
- Responsible for marketing budget and plan.
- Executes against the plan (i.e. social media, newspaper, social media, etc.)
- Oversees PR and media relations.
- Organizes Open House events
- Develops and implements a plan for formal alumni communications and events
- Oversees the school website.
- Builds relationships with local organizations to support admissions, such as Wild Earth, daycares, parent groups, etc.
- Develops and implements strategies to raise the profile and improve the image of the school in the greater community through community-service outreach projects and events as well as various media and targeted event advertising.
- Ability to deal effectively with many different types of people
- Flexibility to work autonomously as well as in collaboration
- Very strong organizational skills; an attention to detail and follow‐through and the ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Solid analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques to reach organizational goals
- A strong commitment to Waldorf education and the MLWS culture
- Effective organization skills
- Collaborative leadership style
- Strong computer skills required: proficiency in databases, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Excellence in communicating, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of Waldorf school philosophy, including administrative and educational principles, techniques and methods preferred
- Marketing experience
Start Date is May 1, 2019 (this is somewhat flexible)
This is a full-time position with periodic evening meetings required.
Attendance is required on campus as determined in collaboration with the Administrator.
The Marketing and Development Director is a full-time position with health benefits. Tuition remission is offered, if applicable.
Salary to be negotiated upon offer of contract.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to our Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to Personnel@mountainlaurel.org and include “Marketing and Development Director Position” as the subject of the email.
Thank you for considering this opportunity to become a part of our innovative community at Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.